After the end of the support of Exchange 2010 on the 13th of October, 2020, migration from Exchange 2010 got a high boom. Users’ are searching for the effortless and handy way to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 or heading to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2019 as per the requirement.
This write-up will cover all the dimensions to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016. We will start with the reasons to leave Exchange 2010, then ways to migrate, including manual method information. And finally, we will describe an Exchange migration tool. Read the complete write-up for a better understanding of the Exchange migration.
Why Migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016?
- An apparent reason for this is the end of Microsoft’s support for Exchange 2010.
- There is no Microsoft bug fixing, technical support, or security update for the Exchange Server 2010.
- Reasons to migrate also include the advantages of Exchange 2016.
- Seventeen new languages to enhance users’ experience have been added to Outlook on the web.
- Instead of EXE files, Exchange 2016 is available to download an ISO file.
How to Migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016?
There are two ways to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016: the manual way and the third-party Exchange migration tool. The most famous manual way is using the Exchange Admin Center. For this, users must have compatibility with the software and hardware requirements. Also, there should be integration b/w Exchange 2010 and 2016 platforms. After making prerequisites, follow the below-given steps:
- Open and Sign in to your account.
- Move to the Recipients tab and go with Migration.
- Click on the (+) Add > Move to a Different Database Option.
- Using the Add (+) button, make the mailbox selection for the Exchange 2016 upgrade. Users can also use CSV files for bulk.
- A new wizard will prompt. Insert the New Migration Batch Name and Target Database Name and click the Next button.
- Now in the new wizard, select the user to get the migration report.
- Finally, check the migration wizard to see if the migration process has started.
These were the brief steps to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016. Well, the process is not as simple as it looks. Various complications and hurdles may interrupt the process. Also, technical expertise is needed to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2019 or 2016. Some other drawbacks and limitations are listed below.
Demerits of the Manual Way:
- Technical expertise is a must.
- There are always chances of human error.
- Very time-consuming process; tedious and repetitive task.
- Users have to compromise with the desired results without advanced options.
- You will not get proper control over the migration process.
- End-users may face disruption in the hierarchy and sequence issues of calendar entries and schedules.
Professional Exchange Migration Tool for the Desired Results:
A third-party professional tool is recommended to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016. Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool is an advanced utility. It is developed by keeping users’ in the center of the entire development process. It is a multipurpose, one-stop solution to handle numerous Exchange related tasks.
This tool is compatible with all the MS Outlook and Exchange Server versions. It provides a fast, effortless process that gives perfect results. Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool comes with a user-friendly GUI. Some of its highlighted features are:
- It quickly migrates one Exchange Server to another. I.e., migrate Exchange 2010 to 2019
- Proficiently recovers the corrupted and inaccessible .edb files.
- There are no limitations on the size and mailbox numbers; it can process multiple mailboxes in a single go.
- Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool also offers migration among Exchange to Office 365, Live Exchange Server and vice versa.
- It also allows saving into multiple file formats like PST, HTML, MSG, EML, RTF and vCard.
- Advanced options like folder mapping and email translation are also provided.
- Users also get the option to filter items based on the message class and the item date.
- A search criterion for items based on the Message Class, Date, CC, BCC and attachments are also given.
- The software properly maintains the folder hierarchy; hence no need to worry for the end-users.
- An advanced incremental backup option is also present within the Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool. This feature resumes the process if it interrupts and prevents duplicity.
Various reasons are initiating users to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016. There are two ways to execute this: manual and professional third-party tools. The manual way has numerous limitations and drawbacks; hence users avoid it. The professional way provides a fast, guaranteed and featureful way for the Exchange migration. Using the professional tool, users can migrate Exchange 2010 to 2019, 2016 or others as needed.
The best part about this tool is its free trial version that assures users before making any purchase. The free trial version permits processing the first 50 items per folder. Must download and try Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool for the Exchange migration-related tasks.