Qatar Airways Pet Policy is different from other airline pet policies, as it allows you to travel with your beloved pet. However, there are some restrictions on the number of in-cabin pets allowed per flight.
Qatar Airways Pet Policy
Qatar Airways has a very generous pet policy, which allows passengers to travel with their cat or dog in the cabin. The carrier also allows passengers to bring two birds in the cabin.
However, there are some restrictions on the type of animals that can be brought on board, as well as some requirements for health documents and vaccinations.
The following is an overview of Qatar Airways’ pet policy:
All animals must be declared at check-in; no animals are allowed through security without prior notification to airport staff
Only cats and dogs weighing less than 7 kg (15 lbs) can be carried as checked baggage; no other species may be carried as checked baggage, including turtles or snakes.
While many airlines allow pets, some breeds are not welcome on Qatar flights.
Prohibited breeds include Boston Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boxer, Bull Terrier, Shar-Pei, Rottweiler, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Other dogs not allowed include the Boston terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, Boston terrier, Rottweiler, and Staffordshire-Bull Terrier.
If you’re worried about bringing your pet on a flight, you can contact Qatar Airlines’ customer service.
- You can reach Qatar Airways Pet Reservations Team by phone or live chat. Once you dial their customer service number, you’ll hear an automated call framework.
- Once you connect with the correct person, they’ll explain the airline’s pet policy rules.
- You can also email additional documents that you need to fill out before your flight.
Things you should know when traveling with a pet
- You can contact Qatar Airways’ customer service department to ask about the pet policy.
- You can either fill out a form online or call a special number. A representative will take your inquiry and answer any questions you might have.
Once you’ve submitted the required information, the next step is to wait until your flight is scheduled to land and get checked. Your pet will travel free of charge in the cabin. If you have a service animal or a falcon, you can travel with it on the plane.
If you’re worried about bringing your pet on a flight, you can find out more about Qatar’s policies and contact the airline for more information.
However, keep in mind that the pet policy is different in each airport, so it’s best to check with the airline before traveling with a pet.
The Qatar airways Pet policy is a simple one
- It’s easy to find out if your pet can travel by plane, and you can even talk to the airline representative via phone.
- A knowledgeable representative will answer your questions
- and help you decide whether your pet should travel as well.
- If you’re unsure about the airline’s specific policy, you can always use the contact us option on their website.
Qatar airways Pet Restriction
Do you want to fly with your pet? You can get onboard Qatar Airways with a certificate from your vet that states your animal is mentally and physically healthy. You can also bring your bird along if it weighs less than 15 pounds.
- The airline does not allow animals as checked baggage, but you can bring a service dog.
- You can bring your pet on board with you for free if you’re traveling with a medically-committed person.
- However, if your animal weighs more than 75 pounds or is longer than 118 inches, you can’t bring it onboard. You can only take one service animal per person.
Qatar Airways will allow pets, but there are a few requirements
- Domesticated animals can only travel as excess baggage if they’re less than 32kg in weight (including the crate) and are over 12 weeks old.
- You’ll need to call and make reservations for their cargo service. And don’t forget to check in your pet at least two hours before your scheduled departure. The airline accepts service dogs and falcons only if they comply with IATA rules.
- Your veterinarian must sign a certificate stating that your pet’s vaccinations are up-to-date and not contagious to other passengers.
There are also a few other restrictions for taking a pet on a plane. Some airlines do not allow animals of certain breeds, while others do not permit them.
There are specific regulations on the size of these animals. You can get more information on Qatar Airways’ pet policies and how to get a crate. It may be advisable to check the requirements of your destination country before boarding a plane.
To bring your pet on a plane, you should follow the rules for a pet on the airline.
In addition, the airline does not allow dogs with service animals. The temperature in the plane’s hold is the same as that in the passenger cabin.
Qatar Airways Pets in Checked Baggage
Qatar Airways is proud to offer passengers the opportunity to bring their pets on board with them. To make this possible, we have created a special program that allows you to check your pet as luggage. We understand that this can be stressful for your pet and will do everything we can to help make their experience as smooth and comfortable as possible.
When you book your flight, please let us know if you plan on bringing a pet along with you so that we can prepare our staff and make sure they are aware of the regulations surrounding checked baggage. We also ask that you check in at least three hours ahead of departure so that we can properly arrange for storage space in the cargo hold.
If you are traveling with more than one animal, please let us know when booking your flight so that we can ensure there will be enough room for both animals in the cargo hold.
Qatar Airways is proud to offer safe and reliable transport for your pets.
Your pet’s safety is our top priority so we have strict rules about what you can and cannot pack in your pet’s carrier:
- Your pet must be able to stand up, turn around and sit down comfortably in the carrier.
- Pet’s legs must not be able to pass through any part of the carrier (e.g., the door)
Qatar airways Allow pets
When traveling by plane, you might want to bring along your pet, especially if you love the company of a furry friend.
The airline allows dogs and cats in the cargo area, which means that the pressure inside is similar to the passenger cabin.
Before you book your ticket, you will need to provide your pet with a veterinary health certificate. Regardless of age, you must check the airline’s website to learn about the pet fee.
NOTE: Only pure breeds are permitted, including the American Staffordshire Terrier, Brussels Griffon, Chow, English Bulldog, Pug, Shar-Pei, and Brussels Griffon.
The airline will only accept one service animal per passenger, and that animal must stay on the floor, and it cannot take up a seat.
Qatar Airways will not allow your pet in the cabin in most cases.
- For instance, the airlines don’t allow Persian cats on board their flights.
- They may not accept them for travel. If you have a Persian cat, it’s unlikely that Qatar Airways will accept it on its aircraft.
You can take your dog or cat with you on a plane trip. Qatar Airways does not limit the number of pets allowed on board, but there are rules to follow if you want to bring your pet with you.
The airline may not allow you to bring your pet to the cargo area due to weight restrictions or other factors, but they will allow you to carry a dog or cat. Although Qatar Airways does not restrict the number of pets you can bring on board, you need to be aware of its requirements.
Qatar Airways Pet Travel Guidelines & Restrictions
Qatar Airways is one of the few airlines that allow pets to travel in the cabin with you. In order to qualify for this service, your pet must meet certain requirements:
The animal must be small enough to fit in a carrier under the seat in front of you
Pets must be at least 8 weeks old and have completed its initial vaccinations, including rabies vaccination
The animal must be healthy and free of parasites (fleas, ticks) at the time of boarding.
The carrier must be leak-proof and provide adequate ventilation for your pet’s comfort during the flight. You must also carry sufficient food and water for your pet during transit. There are special rules for bringing liquids on board, so make sure that you check those before packing!
Pets are not allowed on flights from Qatar to:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan (excluding Nagorno-Karabakh), Bahamas, Bahrain (excluding Lulu Island), Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize (excluding Punta Gorda), Bermuda (excluding St. George’s Island), Bolivia (excluding the Isla de los Estados Archipelago), Brazil (including the State of Acre and the Port of Rio de Janeiro), Cameroon (including Kribi Airport), Canada (including the Province of Quebec excepting Charlevoix County), Central African Republic (including Bangui International Airport but excluding Ouaka Prefecture and Bouca Prefecture), Chad (including N’Djamena International Airport but excluding Abeche Airport), Comoros Islands, Congo Republic (including Brazzaville International Airport but excluding Impfondo Airport),