SETEK technology provides an all-in-one solution to your network, speed, and streaming problems. The SETEK wifi range extender improves the speed of your network by reducing dead zones in your home or office. The range extender additionally increases the coverage area of your network.
So that you can have constant internet access throughout your home or office.
SETEK WiFi Extender features-
Two types of SETEK wifi range extenders are available. SETEK wifi range extender SE01 and SETEK wifi range extender SE02 are the two models.
- Firstly, feature of the Superboost wifi repeater variant of the extender is that it supports up to 300Mbps network speed.
- Second feature is that the wifi range extender is simple to set up with any brand of a wifi router.
- The third attribute of a range extender is that it supports IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, and IEEE 802.3 standards.
- Supports the fourth function of WPS-enabled devices.
- Moreover, The SETEK WiFi range extender’s final feature is two 10/100 Mbps auto-negotiation Ethernet connectors.
Various forms of operation
Wireless router mode, repeater mode, access point mode, client mode, wireless AP mode. And wireless bridge modes are all available on the SETEK wifi range extender.
Mode of operation: wireless
Furthermore, This SETEK mode establishes a private wireless network that allows the user to share data with various devices. Hotels and restaurants typically employ this mode of the range extender.
However, This is the SETEK wifi range extender’s default mode. This mode is meant to raise or enhance signal strength. As well as extend the network coverage area of your device. The repeater mode also creates a large networking zone in your house or office, avoiding dead zones.
What is the procedure for setting up the SETEK wifi range extender?
- Setup the SE TEK wifi range extender is straightforward. Regardless of whether you’re an experienced extender user or a beginner. Three alternative configurations are available for the SETEK range extender.
Furthermore, Using the WPS button to set up a SE TEK wifi range extender. It enables you to configure it without the use of a computer or a mobile device. You can configure the range extender without logging in to the browser’s settings page by using the WPS button configuration.
The following are the steps to set up the SETEK wifi range extender using the WPS button:
- Plug the range extender into a power outlet near the wifi router or inside the router’s coverage zone.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the router’s back panel for five seconds. Hold the button for 1-2 seconds before releasing it.
- Within 50 seconds after pushing the WPS button on the router. Press and hold the WPS button on the range extender.
- The range extender will be restarted. It will restart automatically and connect to the router or other device successfully.
- However, Place the range extender in a location where it can replicate network signals in a low-signal area. Without slowing down the connection.
Making use of a mobile device
Furthermore, The default login credentials for the SETEK wifi range extender can be configured using a mobile device. This will be printed on the extender’s label, and the extender will be inboxed.
SETEK wifi range extender credentials are as follows:
- Firstly, SETEK SE01 Default login IP address: 192.168.10.1
- SE02 Default login IP address: 192.168.1.254
- Default username – admin (Lowercase).
- Default password – admin (Lowercase).
The methods for utilizing a mobile device to set up a SETEK WiFi range extender are listed below
- Firstly, To keep the setek range extender online, plug it into a power outlet first.
- Now, turn on your cell phone. Then go to WiFi settings and look for the SSID of the range extender.
- After scanning the last time, you’ll see the SETEK wifi range extender’s default SSID, which is SETEK.
Using a Personal Computer (PC) or a Laptop
Furthermore, A computer or laptop can be used to set up the SETEK wifi range extender. Using the same methods configuring a mobile device. A computer or laptop can connect to the range extender via a cable connection (port). Or a wireless network (WiFi SSID).
- Firstly, Plugin the SETEK wifi range extender to a LAN port first for wired connection to computer or laptop.
- Alternatively, from the laptop/computer, enter the default wifi SSID.
- On your desktop, open a web browser and type http://192.168.10.1 into the URL search box. Now go to the extender’s login page.
- Logging in for the first time, use admin the login and password.
- The extender looks for available networks. A list of available wireless SSID networks broadcasting near the extender will appear.
- Allow connection from SETEK by selecting your wireless device’s SSID and entering the valid existing password.
Note: The wireless device’s SSID will now display with a plus(+) name appended after successful configuration.
How can I restore the factory default settings on a SETEK range extender?
It is possible to log into the all-in-one WiFi range extender. If you forget your network password, you can reset it to factory defaults.
It has two ways to reset the extender:
- Perform a soft reset
A range extender or repeater is acting up. A soft reset is frequently performed. It has connectivity troubles or regularly disconnects from the access point to which it is connected.
The following are the steps to soft reset the range extender:
- Models (with administration or maintenance as an option).
- Press and hold the factory reset button, it says OK.
- First and foremost, open the extender’s settings. Now go to system tools (some range extenders will revert to factory defaults and reboot after a few minutes if you don’t do anything).
- Perform a hard reset
The range extender’s settings are reverted to factory defaults. You’ve lost track of your IP address, login username, and password.
The instructions for hard resetting the extender are below:
- Firstly, On the rear panel of the range extender, there is a little hole or reset button near the Ethernet connector.
- Using a pin, press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. (If necessary)
Note: Different brands have varying performance capacities, the process may take some time (up to 10 minutes).
- After a few minutes, the SETEK range extender reboots and returns to factory settings.
How can I fix the old wifi extender’s login issues?
Ans– First and foremost, obtain the existing network’s WiFi name and password to finish the SETEK configuration to improve your signal and performance.
Place the SETEK signal booster close to your current wifi router. Follow the directions in the manual. What are the prerequisites for using the SETEK WiFi range extender as a signal booster?
i) A wireless network router.
iii) A PC or laptop device to configure the browser. What should you do if you lose track of your account and password?
It’s not uncommon to forget your account credentials to a hectic schedule. If you’ve forgotten your extender login password, click here. You do not need to be concerned, we have provided the answer below.
• Firstly, Use an ethernet port to connect the range extender to a computer or laptop first.
• The default username and password are typically posted on the extender’s rear panel. Re-login to your extender using those.